Thursday, July 12, 2012

Powder Brush by Samantha Chapman

RealTechniques by Samantha Chapman

POWDER BRUSH




This soft powder brush is just one of the many different brushes designed and created by Samantha Chapman(a professional make-up artist). You can buy it from her website here! or from an Ulta store  or on their online store here! 




The powder brush here cost $10.00 when I bought it at the near by Ulta.  It is made of synthetic taklon bristles that are hand-cut and 100% cruelty free.

Claims to do for you...

- Apply powders and mineral foundations evenly for a smooth,   high-definition look.


- Look pixel perfect even in harsh lighting.


- Self-standing for easy storage.


- Extended aluminum handle for light and easy usage. 


- Cruelty free.


My Opinion: 

I wanted to love this brush... It's soft bristles and high-tech look seduced my mind into buying it. Reasoning with the arguments of it being only $10 and all that it claimed to do! It couldn't be better.... or so I thought... As soon as i got home that day i decided to take it out for a test drive. Not only did it leave my skin looking less than "pixel perfect" but it didn't even make my make-up look decent. My usual make-up routine consist of primer then concealer then mineral powder (sometimes foundation if its a special event). I tried using this brush for the mineral powder and it left it flaky and some areas of my face had it more product and other areas had absolutely little to no make-up at all! 



I will continue to figure out different or better ways to use this brush because it is also my personal opinion that this brush has potential if used with the correct "technique" ;P. 







No comments:

Post a Comment